We're committed to tackling packaging waste, while ensuring that our ingredients reach our customers in the safest and highest quality conditions. We use packaging that is recyclable or reusable and also keeps the food at a safe temperature during the entire journey from our facility to our customer's homes. Here are some tips for recycling your Tempo packaging:
- Box - All of Tempo's boxes are made from partially recycled cardboard and are curbside recyclable.
- Insulated Liner - We use PET liners and insulated liners made of recycled cotton and denim. PET liners are fully recyclable. For denim liners, simply cut open the film, throw the denim contents in the trash, and recycle the film where you recycle your plastic bags.
- Ice Packs - Our ice packs are non-toxic and made of 99% water and 1% sodium salt (polyacralate). They can be easily rinsed off and reused. To dispose of the ice packs, simply cut open the film, throw the contents in the trash, and recycle the film where you recycle your plastic bags (or a recycling bin that accepts #4 plastics).
- Bottle, Jar, and Portion Cups - Our plastic containers range in number but are all curbside recyclable. The portion cup lid is a #1 plastic and the rest are #5 plastics, all of which can be recycled wherever they are accepted.
- Plastic Trays - After these items are washed, trays are curbside recyclable.